Opinions about Ruby gem development, 2018 edition
Posted by matijs 31/12/2018 at 15h46
- Your next release should nearly always come from the
- When updating your feature branch, prefer
git rebase masterover
git merge master.
- When merging your feature into
master, prefer merge bubbles over squash merges and fast-forwards.
bundle exec rakeshould run your tests.
- You still should not check in
- Use RuboCop. Running just
rubocopshould do the right thing. If you need a specific version, add it to the Gemfile. In that case,
bundle exec rubocopshould do the right thing.